Friday 8 April 2016

Forgive Me, Lord.

There are times in our lives when we are so consumed with guilt about our own failings, when we are trying to find something tangible to hold on to but all ground is sinking sand. Times when we strive for perfection to try to prove a point, but realize on our own we cannot get there. In this quest for brilliance, for stardom, it’s a journey laden with tears and pain, and brokenness that’s beyond telling. That is the minute we acknowledge that there is a higher being, a higher power than ourselves that can propel us into perfection that we so much crave. Words to the world fail, and talking to a human being is no therapy. And until that moment of realization, we cannot bow our heads or kneel at his feet to whisper this.

snap   Forgive me, Lord,
     if sometimes I am blind and I cannot see
         beyond the bottom of my pocket,
            if sometimes I am deaf and I do not want to hear
               but what comes out of my mouth.
            Forgive me, Lord,
           if I do not help
         letting myself be driven by the wave,
  if I do not raise my head
 letting myself be burnt by the desert.
Forgive me when I am at mercy of the wind of indifference, when I am stone in a mountain of barren rocks, thorn among the thorns, glacier among the glaciers. Forgive me, Lord, and if you want to give birth to a star, choose me and teach me how to shine.
Forgive-me-when-I-am-at Forgive me, Lord,
if sometimes I am blind
and I cannot see
beyond the depth of my own knowledge,
if sometimes reluctant to raise my head
and smile at the setting sun in hope
Forgive me, Lord,
if at times I dismiss your blessings
camouflaged in sufferings
if I am so overwhelmed by my own self-importance
That I don’t give a chance to the world around me
Forgive me
if at times I feel no remorse for my sins
When guilt is a foreign word in my heart
Forgive me Lord, If am so consumed by my ignorance
That I am blind to what is best for me
Forgive me, Lord,
and if you want to give birth to a star,
choose me and teach me how to shine.

11 comments:

  1. My dear i am very proud of you. Ride on it is well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Love your Womanhood. Thumbs up. Keep posting and bless my soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep posting Wambulwa. Am glad you are blessed.

      Delete
  3. wow, this is so breath taking. Keep it up Alice, longing to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Jotham. Keep coming back for more

      Delete
  5. Wow, great peace. Great prayer. I totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice piece, looking forward to more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your writings. Get us more

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!